The best Skrill casinos for UK players are listed below.
Skrill is possibly the number one e-wallet to be used as a UK casino payment method. It is no exaggeration to say that almost every online casino in the UK will accept Skrill deposit and withdrawals.
Skrill, who were formally called ‘Moneybookers’ are a UK company who have grown to be a global e-wallet provider. Skrill are one of the most trusted, quickest and secure payment methods and they service a large amount of the online casino industry.
Skrill at Online Casinos
Also a popular payment choice in many other sectors, Skrill is an excellent way to move money to and from online casino as well as paying for a whole host of other online goods and services and even transferring funds to friends and family safely.
How does Skrill Work?
With regard to using Skrill at online casinos and gambling websites, Skrill can be used to handle deposits as well as withdrawals and their main two services useful to online gamers are their digital wallet and prepaid Mastercard.
- The first step is to get registered and link your bank account details. Registering requires an email address, setting up of a password, full name and date of birth and a home address.
- Account verification in compliance with industry standard regulations.
- Your then free to transfer funds from your account into your Skrill wallet.
- Once your wallet is loaded you’re free to transfer funds to online casinos at your own discretion.
- Any winnings can then be withdrawn back onto your digital wallet where you can choose to move funds back to your bank account or opt to spend monies from your wallet on other online goods or services.
Advantages of Skrill
The main advantage to online casino customers is that your personal bank details aren’t shared with the casino. The operator liaises solely with the e-wallet offering an extra layer of protection from fraudsters. In addition the privacy offered by Skrill is a draw to many customers, by using the service record of your online casino transactions won’t show up on your bank statements.
Skrill is an accepted payment method at in excess of 500 Casinos including almost of of the biggest and best names in the industry. The company also boasts 36 million members worldwide so you know they must be doing something right as a trusted service provider to so many around the world.
Disadvantages of Skrill Casinos
- Not all casinos accept Skrill. There are a huge number of casinos that do accept Skrill (we list our favourites) but there are a number of casinos that do not.
- Some casinos do not offer bonuses to Skrill deposits. You always needs to check the terms of each bonus to make sure you are eligible.
- It’s another account that you have to maintain. So it’s another username and password to remember.
Skrill Fees and Charges
Ensure that you check the Skrill website for a full breakdown of the companies policies and fees. In the main, opening a Skrill account is free though they do have an inactivity fee so bear that in mind.
- Uploading fees to your skill account and/or onto your prepaid Skrill MasterCard (except from some cards, check full site)
- Accepting money onto your Skrill wallet is free.
- Moving funds into your casino account from your e-wallet or paying for stuff in a shop.
- transferring money to another skill account
- Withdrawing funds from your wallet by transferring back to your bank account or onto a card incurs a fee. Fees vary depending on recipient so check the Skrill site for full details.
- Currency conversions
- ATM cash withdrawals
Deposits and Withdrawals using Skrill
Making a deposit at your chosen casino using Skrill is pretty straight forward. Simply follow the process above to open your new Skrill account.
At this point you need to head over to the casino and open your account. Select Skrill on the banking options page and deposit your chosen amount. Don’t forget that if you want to claim a bonus you need to check that it is available to Skrill depositors. Once you have confirmed the transaction then your funds should be in your casino account pretty much straightaway.
Making a withdrawal is equally as easy. To start the withdrawal process you need to supply the casino with your Skrill username and possibly some ID (for their verification procedure). The funds will be transferred to you Skrill account extremely quickly and you can decide to keep them in your account, use them to by good and services, or transfer the funds across to your bank account.
On the whole Skrill provide an excellent service that’s perfectly geared up for online casino players. It’s nice and easy to use and moving money back and forth between different casinos is a piece of cake. Skrill is widely accepted around the world and there’s a lengthy list of accepting online casinos. Player privacy is also a strong point and no doubt a contributing factor to their popularity. Skrill is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority and thus are held to high standards of security and codes of practice.
There are a number of great alternative e-wallet options to Skrill. The two most popular alternatives are PayPal and Neteller. Both are safe and easy to use, and offer a high level of privacy for casino banking.
📢 Check out the Casino Payment Providers section for more information about payments options.